Saturday, June 15, 2013

Revlon Lipstick Allergy

*Note: This post was originally written on Jan 18, 2011 on my old blog (loveformakeup.com). I am transferring the content here. 





I’m allergic/intolerant to shellfish and mangos… but makeup products? Nooooooo.
think I’m allergic to the Revlon Colorburst lipstick :[
I own the color "Soft Nude" and the first time I wore it, I didn't have any reaction. The second time I wore it, my lip felt a bit weird but there were only a few small bumps and I thought nothing of it. The third time (I reapplied it multiple times that night), my lips broke out in hives and were swollen the next day. The reaction subsided after  ~1.5 days.
First it felt tingly, then small bumps appeared and it was kind of itchy.  I also used Revlon's Super Lustrous Lip Gloss over it and I think I may have used ELF's super glossy lip shine that day as well.  But I re-tried all those products again and it never made my lip break out in hives.   I am planning to try the lipstick one more time to confirm my allergy because I refuse to believe that it was the cause of my hives!

I love the color so much :[

I know the color is very nude and doesn’t compliment all skin tones. It is too nude for me to wear alone, but you can just use a pink gloss over it to give your lips a little bit more color. Here are photos where I wore Revlon’s Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in “Pink Whisper” over it:

I know there are a lot of dupes out there, but this was a great color, worked well, nice packaging, and it was affordable.  Do any of you have any suggestions of dupes?


1 comment:

  1. I have just started using the new Revlon vinyl lipstick and feel like I am breaking out in cold sores all over my bottom lip!

    ReplyDelete